Grand River Chinese School, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, N2N 2Y7
Grand River Chinese School is a non-profit Chinese school serving the greater Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario region. They offer Chinese language courses for adults and school age children including:
- Chinese as a Foreign Language course for students from non-Chinese family backgrounds
- 3-year-old Chinese language course
- Elementary Chinese language courses (Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8
- Secondary Chinese language credit courses (Grades 9 though 12, including a beginnner level credit course)
In addition to Chinese language programs, the school also provides a series of extracurricular interest classes including:
- Fine Arts for Kids
- Cartoon Art
- Chinese Folk Dance
- Erhu (Chinese violin)
- Pipa (Chinese lute)
- Music and Movement for kids
- Choir and Performing Arts for kids
- Quick Chinese literacy
- English Writing (elementary, secondary, and advanced levels)
- Mental Calculation
- Olympic Math (elementary, secondary, and advanced levels)
The Grand River Chinese School also conducts special Chinese Camps during March Break and summer holidays.
The camps include Chinese courses, Math for Fun, Fine Arts, Chinese History, Chinese Geography, Chinese Traditions, Crafts, Chinese Stories, Chinese cooking for kids, and more.
Students learn while they play at these camps. They feature recreational activities such as Chinese Cartoons, games and sports.
The Grand River Chinese school also holds two contests each year - the Grand River Cup Chinese Essay Contest and "The Nine Chapters on the Mathematical Art."
Many participants in either of these contests win awards in Canadian Math Contests
and the World Chinese Student Essay Contest
Student clubs also provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills.
What do their students like about Grand River Chinese School the most?
- Excellent teachers
- small-sized classes
- unique teaching methodology that combines Chinese tradition with Canadian lifestyle
- strict safety measures
- rich student activities
For more information about their courses, schedules and programs, please visit their website: the Grand River Chinese School